10 of 16
Dave Williams for Sheriff
Posted: 29 July 2010 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 226 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2010-07-25

Also, Bill, I recommend you seek professional help.  Your hiney hairs seem to be wound way too tight.  You’re a solid candidate for the rubber gun squad, in my opinion.

Signature 

Any post by this user is the opinion of the user, and is not to be construed as the opinion or position of this user’s employing agency, nor are these posts made in any form of official capacity. Any posts made are purely as a citizen on matters of public concern, as protected by the 1st amendment under the US Constitution.

Posted: 29 July 2010 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 227 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-07-26
Chuck County CO - 29 July 2010 09:18 AM

Also, Bill, I recommend you seek professional help.  Your hiney hairs seem to be wound way too tight.  You’re a solid candidate for the rubber gun squad, in my opinion.

I would love to see you run for Sheriff!

Posted: 29 July 2010 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 228 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  190
Joined  2009-11-13
JoanB - 29 July 2010 08:21 AM

Bill must really be concerned. May need to live with the fact that Dave Williams will be our next Sheriff. Thanks to Bill the Shreiff Williams signs are getting lots of attention and more and more people are jumping on Dave’s bus.

Joan,  The only thing I am concerned about is that Williams and his Lackeys are using dishonest tactics, which I am not surprised about.  I am glad more people are getting to see the signs.  I am getting tons of emails sent to me about how offended people are about Williams’ tactics.  Many more than the few here coming to Williams defense. 

Joan, It would probably be a good idea for you to be concerned about your candidate Commissioner Patterson.  I know it must be tough being her campaign manager, so you should really focus on that job instead of attacking the only politician that has actually watched out for Patterson over the last four years.  I’m sure Coffey would love to know that Pattersons campaign manager is trash talking about him on this blog.

Chuck, Show me proof where I have provided inaccurate information.  You can’t.  It seems you might be the one who needs help.  I just try to report facts and when I see someone post pure fiction, I call them on the carpet.  You have been called and you can’t produce.

Posted: 29 July 2010 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 229 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2010-07-13

Joan,  The only thing I am concerned about is that Williams and his Lackeys are using dishonest tactics, which I am not surprised about.  I am glad more people are getting to see the signs.  I am getting tons of emails sent to me about how offended people are about Williams’ tactics.  Many more than the few here coming to Williams defense. 

Joan, It would probably be a good idea for you to be concerned about your candidate Commissioner Patterson.  I know it must be tough being her campaign manager, so you should really focus on that job instead of attacking the only politician that has actually watched out for Patterson over the last four years.  I’m sure Coffey would love to know that Pattersons campaign manager is trash talking about him on this blog.

Chuck, Show me proof where I have provided inaccurate information.  You can’t.  It seems you might be the one who needs help.  I just try to report facts and when I see someone post pure fiction, I call them on the carpet.  You have been called and you can’t produce.
Posted by Bill Jones

You’re blowing smoke and need to get on the carpet yourself. Please tell us who are the Williams “lackeys” and what “dishonest tactics” have they been involved with? Give us a list if your so smart. It’s pure BS and you know it. You asked Chuck for proof but you keep blowing all this smoke with no back up. In your words its pure fiction and so are you.

Posted: 29 July 2010 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 230 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-13
JoanB - 29 July 2010 04:42 PM

Posted by Bill Jones

You’re blowing smoke and need to get on the carpet yourself. Please tell us who are the Williams “lackeys” and what “dishonest tactics” have they been involved with? Give us a list if your so smart. It’s pure BS and you know it. You asked Chuck for proof but you keep blowing all this smoke with no back up. In your words its pure fiction and so are you.

JoanB,
Are you just plain dumb.  Have you not read what has been posted with links to the facts.  Okay, I will slow it down for you so you can understand…..Go…back…to…the…beginning…and…read…the…entire…blog…and…you…will…get…ALL…the…facts…!!!!!!!!  JoanB, I’m not the one making allegations that need to be proven.  Anyone can say anything, but it is nothing but BS without the proof.  I have proven these Williams Lackeys wrong over and over again.  Go help Edith!

Posted: 03 August 2010 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 231 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-13

I have to admit, I went to the Dave Williams website to see what he had to say.  What did I find?  On the home page he has a message to the citizens.  I copied it and added my editorial comments in RED.  Is this his platform?  Is this all he has got?  If I was a Deputy I would be offended by the allegations that he implies in his comments.

Experience you can count on!
Leadership you can trust!  Says Who?
To the Citizens of Charles County…

I am committed to the prevention of crime and the protection of life and property; the preservation of peace, order, and safety; the enforcement of laws and the safeguarding of the citizens of Charles County.

That’s good.  That is exactly what a Sheriff is supposed to do?. But, when he was Commander of patrol and Criminal Investigations, CRIME WENT UP, NOT DOWN.

I will nurture public trust by holding all members of the CCSO to the highest standards of professionalism, performance and ethics.

Is Dave Williams saying the officers of the Sheriff’s Department are not professional and ethical?

I will carefully and judiciously manage the financial resources entrusted to the CCSO and will focus those resources toward efficiently achieving the goals of the agency.

Oh good, Dave Williams is going to put a man who has filed bankruptcy in charge of the Department budget and we are supposed to believe he can ensure accountability. And he has so much experience with a large budget. Not.  Captains don’t deal with the budget.  Don’t let him fool you.

I will demonstrate respect to the taxpayer by ensuring accountability and transparency to the public of the effective management of the financial resources entrusted to the CCSO.

Every aspect of the Sheriff’s Department budget is accessible to anyone who wants access.  Does Dave Williams think he is doing something new here?

I will serve our citizens with respect, dignity, fairness and compassion.

Just like he did when he was at the Department before.  That is why the members of the Sheriff’s Department endorsed Coffey.  They remember his shady past and his unethical behavior.

I will improve law enforcement visibility by increasing the number of officers “on the street”.

That’s nice.  Where is he going to get these officers?  I guess he could add two by taking officers out of the much needed support staff positions.When he was Commander of Patrol, he NEVER worked on the streets with the men.  That was beneath him.

I will work together with the community to solve problems, form partnerships and strive to improve the quality of life for everyone by working together to make our streets, neighborhoods and schools safe.

Why didn’t he do this when he was the Commander of Patrol or Criminal Investigations?  Now that Sheriff Coffey has most of the mess cleaned up from the past Administration Dave Williams wants to come back and skate.  Williams’ work ethic is much less than desirable.  As the Sheriff it would be unacceptable.  Being Sheriff is a FULL TIME JOB.

Posted: 04 August 2010 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 232 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Joined  2010-07-13

Is Dave Williams saying the officers of the Sheriff’s Department are not professional and ethical?
Bill Jones

Hey Bill maybe he is talking about Sam Graves. The same person you seem to have a problem with. Oh but you have problems with lots of people and would never question “any” police officer. Make up your mind Bill. What are YOU saying?

Anyone can make things up at about a website. Look at the Coffey website. He is unclear about what a police officer is and he worked for a security guard company at the DOJ building. Did he ever attend college?

Face it the only thing you are doing with all of your BS is helping Williams.

Thank You Bill!

Posted: 04 August 2010 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 233 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-13

Joan,
For God sake, you are going to have a hard enough time getting Edith elected.  I’m sure Sheriff Coffey would love to know that Edith’s campaign manager is trashing the Sheriff after all that he has done for her.  You know, when Pauleen Brewer made comments, it was people like you that contributed the comments to CQK.  Joan, get your facts straight before you post stuff.  You sound about as stupid as Edith Patterson.  Now that I know Edith Patterson is working against Coffey, I will have to work twice as hard against her.  I’ll make some phone calls and make sure the right people read your blogs.

Posted: 04 August 2010 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 234 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-13
JoanB - 04 August 2010 12:44 PM

Bill Jones

Hey Bill maybe he is talking about Sam Graves. The same person you seem to have a problem with. Oh but you have problems with lots of people and would never question “any” police officer. Make up your mind Bill. What are YOU saying?

Anyone can make things up at about a website. Look at the Coffey website. He is unclear about what a police officer is and he worked for a security guard company at the DOJ building. Did he ever attend college?

Thank You Bill!

Joan,
I went to Sheriff Coffey’s website and here is what I found.  You tell me what is not true since you know so much.

When Sheriff Rex W. Coffey began his first term as the Sheriff of Charles County,

he was no stranger to law enforcement. Having retired from a distinguished career at the

Charles County Sheriff’s Office and later having served as a security

official for the U.S. Department of Justice, he has dedicated most of his life to fighting crime

and ensuring the safety of his fellow citizens. The Sheriff began his career as a correctional officer

at the Charles County Detention Center when he was 21 years old. Three years later,

he became a police officer.  He worked in several capacities including as a patrol officer and a

detective and spent eight years as a narcotics investigator, tackling the county’s drug problems

with skill and tenacity. To this day, ridding Charles County of drugs remains one of his priorities. 

Sheriff Coffey retired as a lieutenant in 1996 and began working for a private security company

contracted by the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., to provide security

for justice buildings. After being elected Sheriff in November 2006, he left the security company

as a special deputy U.S. Marshal with the rank of Major. An integral component of Sheriff Coffey’s

strategic plan to fight crime in Charles County includes assigning as many police officers as

possible to patrol operations because high visibility of police is an effective crime deterrent.

In addition to providing services that ensure the safety of Charles County citizens, he is also

committed to providing the youth of Charles County with opportunities to interact with law enforcement

in a positive atmosphere that encourages good decision making. 

Sheriff Coffey has lived in Charles County for more than 40 years and is a husband,

a father of two grown children and a grandfather to his four grandchildren. He is active in his

church and in many community organizations, including the Waldorf Lions Club, La Plata Kiwanis,

Charles County Chamber of Commerce and Center for Children mentoring program.

If my comments are making Dave Williams look good then he is the best looking guy on the face of the earth.  Facts are facts Joan.  Unless you have facts to back up your comments then it is just your opinion.  And you know what they say about opinions…

Posted: 04 August 2010 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 235 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2010-05-12
JoanB - 04 August 2010 12:44 PM

Bill Jones

Thank You Bill!

JoanB, I am a little confused. Are you saying that Dave Williams believes Sam Graves is an Officer of the Sheriff’s Department and he is unprofessional and unethical? I follow this blog and post occassionally but I can already tell I don’t want you advocating for me because you are way off in almost every post I have read. If you are the campaign manager for Commissioner Patterson like Bill asserts, I really feel sorry for her and her chances of winning. Just to let you in on something, Sam Graves may be unethical and unprofessional but he IS NOT an Officer of the Sheriff’s Department. He is an elected (unfortunately) official.

Posted: 05 August 2010 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 236 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Joined  2010-07-13

he left the security company as a special deputy U.S. Marshal with the rank of Major

Bill, So you don’t come back with a page full of BS in an attempt to distort things lets see how good you are to respond to one question at a time.

Regarding your above statement from the Coffey website. Its an attempt to make it look like he held the rank of Major with the U.S. Marshal Service (USMS) when in fact he was an employee of a private guard company that had a security contract for the DOJ building. The only reason they held USMS commissions was to be allowed to carry a firearm while on duty in the DOJ building. They screened and checked ID’s of people entering the building and had NO police powers. If they ever needed real police they were required to call MPD or ICE. He was never employed by the U.S. Marshal Service nor did he ever have the same type of authority. He was a high paid security guard just like the guard at the Charles County Building that everyone got upset about. Do you understand Bill?

Posted: 05 August 2010 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 237 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2010-07-26

JoanB

Rex Coffey was a sworn Charles County Deputy for many years.  No amount of your disgusting attacks can make that fact go away.  The truth of the matter is that under the Coffey administration this County is a much safer and better place.  The budget is in line, there are more patrols on the street, morale is high and Rex has set out to do exactly what he is supposed to do LEAD the men and women of his department to protect and serve the citizens of Charles County. 
You and all the other Dave Williams know nothings can continue to personally attack the Sheriff and his Administration but they are getting the job done.  You cannot argue those facts.  You can continue the rhetoric about Gibson and Rackey and all the other crap BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO OTHER ISSUE TO ARGUE.

Once again JoanB  you have shown that your true intention is to besmirch the Office of the Sheriff and his administration.  You have nothing constuctive that would continue this thread in any way.  I can not think of any reason a concerned citizen would find it significant that Rex Coffey had a job AFTER he left the Sheriffs Office. 

What people should find interesting is that you JoanB find the time and need to continue to bring up nonsense and trivial information in an attempt to place the Office of the Sheriff in a bad light.

WHY NOT TALK ABOUT REAL ISSUES LIKE:

HOW LONG HAS DAVE WILLIAMS BEEN A REGISTERED DEMOCRAT?

the answer: NOT VERY LONG

This is another dishonest attempt by Williams to the voters of Charles County.  I encourage every democrat out there to ask Mr. Williams when they meet him:

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A REGISTERED DEMOCRAT….
AND NEXT - WHY DID YOU CHANGE PARTY AFFILIATIONS?
IS THIS JUST ANOTHER ATTEMPT TO STRETCH THE TRUTH TO PUT YOURSELF IN A BETTER POSITION?

Posted: 05 August 2010 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 238 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Joined  2010-07-26

CHUCK COUNTY CO

Gary is that you?

Careful now…... everyone has skeletons- Don’t they? wink

Posted: 05 August 2010 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 239 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  525
Joined  2007-10-30

WOW, JoanB, so now you’re transferring from Edith over to Coffey, because…crime is down, there is more police activity in CC than I’ve ever seen in the past, Coffey goes to bat for his fellow officers….ok, I got it….Coffey made the commissioners look just like what they are…FOOLS…and on tv no less (I watched that show and Coffey took names and kicked butt)...now I get why you’re over here bashing Coffey.

OUCH, has to hurt that the primary is about 6 weeks away.  Scrambling much?

Posted: 05 August 2010 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 240 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2008-11-24

The men and women of the CCSO voted to support Coffey. They are the ones who have to work with the man everyday and obviously they feel he is doing a good job. The Williams’ camp likes to dismiss the FOP endorsement, an endorsement Williams tried so hard to get, as a trivial one. If it was so trivial, why did he want it so bad? The men and women of the FOP have long memories. They remember the attempts of Williams to violate wire-tapping laws by audio taping the meetings. They also remember a personal attack against a former FOP Vice President and how the Circuit Court ruled in favor of the VP. It should be noted that the FOP is made up of both ACTIVE and RETIRED members of the CCSO. The endorsement for Coffey says it all. Don’t fix what isn’t broken. I suggest if anyone has any questions about Williams to go back to the beginning of this thread and read the whole thing. I think you will finally see the light.

Posted: 05 August 2010 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 241 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Joined  2010-07-26

Well said Maria that just about covers it all….. cool smile

Posted: 05 August 2010 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 242 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2010-04-15

I have said it before…as plain ol’ “Joe Citizen” in CC, I am not privvy to the insider info regarding the CCSO.  I can only vote my conscience based on what I consider “facts” about the candidates.  I have, however, found another measuring stick that could be useful.  If JoanB doesn’t want people to vote for Coffey, he must be a pretty good candidate!

Signature 

My fellow comrades of The People’s Republic of Maryland have spoken. Now, hopefully, someone will make my house payment for me!

Posted: 05 August 2010 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 243 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-13
JoanB - 05 August 2010 08:52 AM

he left the security company as a special deputy U.S. Marshal with the rank of Major

Bill, So you don’t come back with a page full of BS in an attempt to distort things lets see how good you are to respond to one question at a time.

Regarding your above statement from the Coffey website. Its an attempt to make it look like he held the rank of Major with the U.S. Marshal Service (USMS) when in fact he was an employee of a private guard company that had a security contract for the DOJ building. The only reason they held USMS commissions was to be allowed to carry a firearm while on duty in the DOJ building. They screened and checked ID’s of people entering the building and had NO police powers. If they ever needed real police they were required to call MPD or ICE. He was never employed by the U.S. Marshal Service nor did he ever have the same type of authority. He was a high paid security guard just like the guard at the Charles County Building that everyone got upset about. Do you understand Bill?

JoanB,  How do you know what authorities he had as a US Marshal?  And what does that matter? By the way, the “guard” at the county government building DOES have police powers. Dave Williams takes pictures for a living now?  Do you understand JoanB?

I must say though, your desperation as a Williams supporter is starting to show.  You can’t find anything wrong, so you have to make BS up.  You go girl.

[ Edited: 05 August 2010 04:41 PM by Bill Jones]

Posted: 05 August 2010 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 244 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2010-05-12
JoanB - 05 August 2010 08:52 AM

JoanB, I hate to pile on but if you are going to post on here at least know what you are talking about. There is no paramilitary rank structure in the U.S. Marshals Service. There is no such rank as MAJOR within the Marshal’s Service so if Coffey did assert he was a Major with them he would look like a fool. He had a special deputization with the Marshal’s Service (as do many local and state law enforcement officers who participate in Federal Task Forces) and held the rank of Major within the security outfit he worked for. I may be wrong but I don’t see an embellishment of his qualifications/experience in his website. You have been so off on most of the quotes I have read from you that you are starting to lose all credibility as to you knowing what you’re talking about…...

Posted: 05 August 2010 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 245 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-13

JoanB,
Why did you email me this picture?  Who is this?  “Rage Against the machine”.  What kind of anti-american crap is this.  The last time I checked, you are not supposed to wear the rosary as a necklace.  What message are you trying to send here?  Let’s see, upside down flag and wearing the rosary?  Call me a fool, I just don’t get it.  Just stop sending me emails.  And if you know this kid, get him some help.

Image Attachments
41432.jpg

Posted: 06 August 2010 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 246 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-13

I guess JoanB couldn’t come up with anymore BS.  From what I hear, this sign has got Deputies hot under the collar.  They have busted their humps lowering crime dramatically and now Dave Williams is trashing their efforts.  Great Leadership there!  Keep going Dave.  before you know it, you will piss everyone off.

[ Edited: 06 August 2010 08:39 AM by Bill Jones]
Image Attachments
williamssign2.jpg

Posted: 11 August 2010 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 247 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Joined  2010-07-13

Bill, I’m sorry but I don’t think you have a clue. You’re just peed off because you could never cut it nor do you have what it takes to be a great leader like Dave Williams. Please go back to your cave and hide. You’re embarrassment.

Posted: 11 August 2010 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 248 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Joined  2010-07-26

JoanB

Dave Williams is No leader. The conduct that he has exhibited in his quest for election to Sheriff is shameful to say the least.

The personal attacks against the hand chosen second in command Major Buddy Gibson along with his insistence that Charles County is not safe undermines the hard work of the current deputies and the excellent progress that this County has seen under Rex Coffey and his administration.

The budget has been maintained despite steep cuts, the crime statistics show a decrease in criminal activity, police patrols have increased two fold and the morale of officers is high.

THESE are the issue that the public cares about. NOT who Williams can attack next.

ISSUES THAT THE PUBLIC DOES CARE ABOUT:

Can Williams maintain a budget?

I think not. His current “business” is failing miserably and the hand chosen “second in command” can not pay his own bills and has even filed for bankruptcy. This is the type of fiscal responsibility that Williams wants to subject our fine County to.

Additionally Williams will not argue the issues but rather continues to attack a fine man like Buddy Gibson.

Gibson ran a successful business. Williams did not. Gibson has successfully kept the Sheriffs budget in the “black” despite being dealt major funding cuts. Williams will not.

Williams is unstable - perhaps the strife in his marriage and his failed business contributes to his inability to argue anything of substance.

JoanB - you should stop now - your cause is lost - I suspect you don’t want the issues to become personal for Williams like he has made it for Gibson - it could devastate you

Posted: 11 August 2010 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 249 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2009-05-26

What Gary no response????  It sucks when you can’t hide behind your anonymity?    cool hmm

Posted: 11 August 2010 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 250 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-13
cc105 - 11 August 2010 08:41 AM

JoanB

Dave Williams is No leader. The conduct that he has exhibited in his quest for election to Sheriff is shameful to say the least.

The personal attacks against the hand chosen second in command Major Buddy Gibson along with his insistence that Charles County is not safe undermines the hard work of the current deputies and the excellent progress that this County has seen under Rex Coffey and his administration.

The budget has been maintained despite steep cuts, the crime statistics show a decrease in criminal activity, police patrols have increased two fold and the morale of officers is high.

THESE are the issue that the public cares about. NOT who Williams can attack next.

ISSUES THAT THE PUBLIC DOES CARE ABOUT:

Can Williams maintain a budget?

I think not. His current “business” is failing miserably and the hand chosen “second in command” can not pay his own bills and has even filed for bankruptcy. This is the type of fiscal responsibility that Williams wants to subject our fine County to.

Gibson ran a successful business. Williams did not. Gibson has successfully kept the Sheriffs budget in the “black” despite being dealt major funding cuts. Williams will not.

Williams is unstable - perhaps the strife in his marriage and his failed business contributes to his inability to argue anything of substance.

JoanB - you should stop now - your cause is lost - I suspect you don’t want the issues to become personal for Williams like he has made it for Gibson - it could devastate you

cc105,
You and I are usually on the same thought process.  I know Williams is having some serious financial problems because of his failing business and his neighbors have complained often that they hear Williams yelling profanity at his wife and calling her an “f**ing B**ch” and the accusations of recent extra marital relationships.  But I think the pressure of a campaign added to all this is what has sent him over the edge. A fact that only insiders at CCSO know about is that Williams was asked to retire months before the last election by Davis because of his metal status had become a liability to the Davis campaign.  Davis waited a little too late to make that move and the rest is history.  Williams suffers from serious mental issues and I did not want to be the first to bring it up, but now I think some of his recent actions help support the information I have provided here.  He also left under a cloud of suspicion that he used subordinate officers to put a new roof on his house while they were on duty.  That is a felony.  He was also investigated for felony wire tapping. He also failed a polygraph.  By the way, these are issues that are discoverable under the Brady Act.  In other words, Dave Williams can not testify in court.  Apparently Len Collins doesn’t know about these incidents or surely he wouldn’t be supporting the like of Williams.

[ Edited: 11 August 2010 07:13 PM by Bill Jones]

10 of 16

Jesse Williams for Sheriff ››