3 of 5
Rex Coffey for Sheriff
Posted: 05 October 2009 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2009-08-24

No doubt doc, bush let us down. But wowwwwww, you must have voted for the big “o” and he’s doing great great great. But what does that have too do with the topic at hand and if anyone on this thread belly aches,  please, its you doc.

Posted: 05 October 2009 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  132
Joined  2009-09-11
simon kenton - 05 October 2009 07:49 AM

No doubt doc, bush let us down. But wowwwwww, you must have voted for the big “o” and he’s doing great great great. But what does that have too do with the topic at hand and if anyone on this thread belly aches,  please, its you doc.

Me vote for Obama? Actually no. I was one of those radical die-hard ‘Hillary’
supporters. But then again, anyone would have been better than “Insane McCain”.
If McCain had gotten in there, I am certain we would be at war with Iran by now.
McCain was just itching to start another conflict and God only knows what that
would have done to our economy. 

Sorry about the off-topic tirade. Okay now back to the sheriffs race… red face

“DAVE WILLIAMS for SHERIFF”

grin

Posted: 05 October 2009 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-24

The race is gonna be between Coffey and Williams and I win either way.

Posted: 06 October 2009 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2007-08-27

I’m laughing so hard!  Its Bush’s fault again, did you forget to add Cheney?  After electing Big O all his peeps see him failing so “Its Bush’s Fault”

Maryland and Charles County have been run by Democrats for years except when Gov Erhlich was elected and the Democrats blocked everything they could and worked overtime keeping the liberal, welfare, deadbeat, illegal loving agenda alive.

Posted: 06 October 2009 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-11
jdman1 - 06 October 2009 11:58 AM

I’m laughing so hard!  Its Bush’s fault again, did you forget to add Cheney?  After electing Big O all his peeps see him failing so “Its Bush’s Fault”

Maryland and Charles County have been run by Democrats for years except when Gov Erhlich was elected and the Democrats blocked everything they could and worked overtime keeping the liberal, welfare, deadbeat, illegal loving agenda alive.

You Conservatives are ‘incredible’. You guys gave Bush & Chaney 8 years to completely
obliterate the economy and now you have the ‘gall’ to only give the Democrats 8
months to fix that disaster. How about using some common sense and give the Democrats
at least 3 years to fix the mess caused by that ‘gin soaked’ idiot.

The bottom line is that you voted for and trusted “Dubya” and he turned around and
screwed you forwards and backwards and now you’re angry and looking for someone to take
it out on. Get in your car and drive down to the Crawford Ranch and complain to
George. On second thought that’s not going to work because “Dubya” sold his ranch
‘prop’ right after leaving office and bought a 4 million dollar house in an upscale
area of Dallas. You’ve been had by the Conservatives. Get Over It. 

Bush & Chaney are both sitting on a pile of money and you’re broke. For nearly 8 years
you Conservatives held Bush up as some kind of ‘god’. How do you like “Dubya” now?

Are you ‘still’ laughing? When you think about what ‘really’ happened, it’s not
so funny is it?

oh oh

[ Edited: 06 October 2009 06:47 PM by DocHoliday]

Posted: 08 October 2009 09:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2009-08-13

So far I see it, Coffey has had to deal with a shrinking budget and has done his best to work with it. As the Sheriff he has to look out for the entire agency as well as the county. His decisions may not be to everyone’s liking and his appointments are his own. Davis brought in his own crew also. So far we have gotten training that we have never had before. No elected official will may everyone happy and he cant expect to. We work for the office of the sheriff. He has only been in office 3 years, I wouldnt want the job, damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Posted: 09 October 2009 12:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-11
Shanar - 06 October 2009 11:09 PM

Dubyla stole the money to pay for his ranch???

Actually Chaney stole our money by funneling hundreds of billions of dollars
into his Corporation {Haliburton} by engineering a trumped up war. Chaney [the
conservative military hawk} who got 4 or 5 deferments during the Viet Nam War.

The Conservatives really stuck it to us this time. Never bend over in the shower to
pick up a bar of soap if there is a conservative around. If you do, you had better
clinch your ‘bunz’ together really tight.

ohh

Posted: 09 October 2009 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2008-11-24

What does Bush and Cheney have to do with Rex Coffey?

Posted: 09 October 2009 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-11
Maria - 09 October 2009 06:49 AM

What does Bush and Cheney have to do with Rex Coffey?

Padding the pockets of old friends..ie “Cronyism”.

Posted: 10 October 2009 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Joined  2009-08-13

Lets put this back on track please neither Bush nor Chaney are running down here.

Posted: 10 October 2009 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-11
gremlin - 10 October 2009 07:17 AM

Lets put this back on track please neither Bush nor Chaney are running down here.

I think you missed the point of the correlation.

Bush & Chaney : padding the pockets of old friends and cronyism = ‘disaster’ for America

Coffey & Company: padding the pockets of old friends and cronyism = ‘?’ for Charles County

oh oh

Posted: 10 October 2009 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-24

Doc, who’s pockets did Coffey line by hiring them??

Gibbson was already very very very well off.  He didn’t need this job.

Posted: 10 October 2009 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-11
simon kenton - 10 October 2009 01:57 PM

Doc, who’s pockets did Coffey line by hiring them??

Gibbson was already very very very well off.  He didn’t need this job.

Many politicians ‘and their friends’ are also very well off, but they still line one
another’s pockets and it stinks.

Posted: 11 October 2009 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  96
Joined  2008-08-01

Isn’t Gibbson the one who owns “Police Supply”?

Posted: 11 October 2009 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Joined  2009-08-13

Yes, Gibson owned Police supply and was making a good salary. Rackey was with DC police, Winters was retired and also doing pilot work. All three were working in some capacity. I’m doubting the salary that police make will any of them wealthy enough to retire to the islands anytime soon. I cant see where lining their pockets comes into play, they were already employed or drawing retirement and CCSO doesnt offer a stock option plan. Show me an elected official who doesnt bring some of his own staff in after the election!! Davis brought his own in also. I get the point but Bush and Cheney arent running down here.

Posted: 11 October 2009 07:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  96
Joined  2008-08-01
gremlin - 11 October 2009 06:48 PM

Yes, Gibson owned Police supply and was making a good salary. Rackey was with DC police, Winters was retired and also doing pilot work. All three were working in some capacity. I’m doubting the salary that police make will any of them wealthy enough to retire to the islands anytime soon. I cant see where lining their pockets comes into play, they were already employed or drawing retirement and CCSO doesnt offer a stock option plan. Show me an elected official who doesnt bring some of his own staff in after the election!! Davis brought his own in also. I get the point but Bush and Cheney arent running down here.

If Gibbson is a partial owner of “Police Supply”, and is also a CCSO Deputy, and CCSO Deputies buy uniforms and accessories from “Police Supply”, isn’t that what you call a conflict of interest.

Sounds a little fishy to me, I sure hope the States D/A doesn’t hear about this.

Posted: 11 October 2009 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2005-02-04
Viper - 11 October 2009 07:35 PM

If Gibbson is a partial owner of “Police Supply”, and is also a CCSO Deputy, and CCSO Deputies buy uniforms and accessories from “Police Supply”, isn’t that what you call a conflict of interest.

Sounds a little fishy to me, I sure hope the States D/A doesn’t hear about this.

CCSO doesn’t buy uniforms and accessories from Southern Police Supply. Individual officers can, if they choose, but the Agency procures their equipment from other vendors because of the potential for a conflict of interest. If you’re worried about it, please ask the State Prosecutor to investigate, I’m sure after a few phone calls and a couple records you’ll see there’s nothing to worry about there.

Posted: 12 October 2009 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-11
Viper - 11 October 2009 07:35 PM

This is what is referred to as walking right up to the line, but not crossing it. Legally
there is probably no violation, but it has the ‘appearance’ of a conflict and could
have been and should have been avoided. Just another reason why I can’t support Coffey
this time around.

Posted: 12 October 2009 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Joined  2009-08-13

Owned as in PAST, he opened the shop years ago when there was no place in the county to get things lights etc. He saw a market and followed it. If he had started a burger king and Coffey ate there would the line still be there? I dont shop there and if the agency doesnt order from there where is the conflict? Gibson ran a good business and Coffey wanted him for his business ability. He no longer has an interest in the shop and we dont have to shop there. I’d see a conflict if the agency did order from them.The only people who shopped there were cops, emt’s etc, the average person I would say has never gone into a police supply store and I bet very few people other that cops, emt’s even know about it or who ran or currently runs it. We get a uniform allowance, where we spent it is our choice. If an officer put up a coffee shop close to the station and I decided to get coffee there, its my choice, not a conflict.

[ Edited: 12 October 2009 08:47 PM by gremlin]

Posted: 13 October 2009 02:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-11
gremlin - 12 October 2009 08:43 PM

Owned as in PAST, he opened the shop years ago when there was no place in the county to get things lights etc. He saw a market and followed it. If he had started a burger king and Coffey ate there would the line still be there? I dont shop there and if the agency doesnt order from there where is the conflict? Gibson ran a good business and Coffey wanted him for his business ability. He no longer has an interest in the shop and we dont have to shop there. I’d see a conflict if the agency did order from them.The only people who shopped there were cops, emt’s etc, the average person I would say has never gone into a police supply store and I bet very few people other that cops, emt’s even know about it or who ran or currently runs it. We get a uniform allowance, where we spent it is our choice. If an officer put up a coffee shop close to the station and I decided to get coffee there, its my choice, not a conflict.

Oh Mister Whipple…would you like some “Charmin” for that brown nose?

smile

Posted: 13 October 2009 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-24

I have to agree with Gremlin on this. If the CCSO doesn’t buy anything from the police store, how is there a conflict? I don’t get it.

Posted: 14 October 2009 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Joined  2009-08-13

Gee Doc,
      I guess you didnt find any fault in my logic that time and could only resort to insulting me. Want some cheese to go with that whine?

[ Edited: 21 October 2009 02:18 PM by gremlin]

Posted: 16 November 2009 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2009-11-16

I’m pretty sure the CCSO and Police Supply have a very close relationship.  Police Supply did lots of work including embroidery, sizing for balistic vests, etc for CCSO.  Do you really think Buddy would sell the business and not have any financial ties?  I bet its still in the family, which is still a conflict of interest. Does running a one man retail shop really qualify you to be a major in a moderately sized police department?  Come on.

Posted: 16 November 2009 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-24

Busdriver, how is it a conflict if the CCSO no longer does business there? If the officers want to spend their own money there, that’s up to them. Certainly the CCSO cannot tell them where they can and cannot spend their money. That would like be saying if an officer owned a 711 store, that the officers would not be allowed to go in there and get a cup of coffee.

Posted: 17 November 2009 06:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]  
Rookie
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2009-11-16

There are two problems.  (1) I find it very hard to believe there is no longer ANY financial tie between Buddy and the store.  Perhaps if there were some legal documentation that existed which shows the actual transfer of interest from Buddy to some unrelated third party, then I would be more inclined to believe it. (2) Seeing as how there is probably no documentation to support (1), then if the CCSO or any other part of the county government (i.e. department of emergency services) has ANY business dealing with this store, it is a conflict of interest.  I am not talking about personal purchases, I am talking about business dealings between the CCSO, the county, and the store; purchase of uniforms, equipment, embroidery etc. 

With that said, the bigger issue is the lack of real leadership/management training or experience.  Like I said before, does owning the only police store in town qualify you to be a command level manager of a police department?  No.  Lets say I own a successful small town gas station, are you going to promote me to VP of operations at Exxon?  Dont think so…

Its not just him, Look at most of the CCSO command staff.  They work for 20 years in a couple of special units, take a couple of tests, suck up to whoever is charge and next thing you know, they are a command level manager.  Where is the management training?  Where do they learn to manage budgets and manpower.  Nowhere. Show me some people who have high level, internationally recognized leadership and management training, and thats who I want in charge.

3 of 5