6 of 6
What’s up with the left?
Posted: 29 August 2010 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  922
Joined  2009-03-25

None of that matters- America is a Country of immigrants- a Country that was founded on freedom of Religion. If the zoning is correct the building should be built. Hate should not prevail. We dont sacrifice for hate to rise. We sacrifice for the greater good- forgiveness, love and freedom.

It seems many attend rally’s, chuches all for these things- btu only as it applies to themselves. WELL, IT APPLIES TO US ALL.

Signature 

formerly known on the ‘Duck’ as spirit of the elder & BJGoodwin

Posted: 29 August 2010 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2009-06-02

I grew up in New York.

In NYC, There are delis taller than thirteen stories.

You will not be able to see this building “from” ground zero.

In fact, you can barely see ground zero from ground zero. 

And, there were reports of debris, both from the buildings and the planes, as far as 6 miles away.

Thanks for playing.

[ Edited: 29 August 2010 05:58 PM by Lee Platt]

Posted: 29 August 2010 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  371
Joined  2008-01-08

i am with Lee. as i’ve mentioned up-thread, 2 blocks in NYC is a long way. i know people who won’t walk two blocks out of their way to go some place in NYC because it’s, well… *two* blocks out of their way.

the “Mosque” (actually more like a YMCA if you’ve actually read about it) will not be visible from Ground Zero. not that it matters. this is a private property transaction that happened on the up-and-up.

i respect folks’ right to disagree as to the tastefulness of the move.

but no one is presenting any alternatives. in fact there is only one alternative. move to NYC and join the appropriate Community Boards, etc. and have your say. it’s true that this was an attack on America and all of us lost brothers and sisters that day. but NYC voters and the community boards there are all that matters. the friends and family i have in Manhattan do not oppose this in the least bit. Obama is not going to get involved in private property txns in NYC. it’s not logical to view Obama as weak because of his “allowing” this to happen.

it seems the construction unions are now refusing to do the work. wow, that’s gotta be the first time labor unions have aligned so closely with the political right since Reagan delivered the final blow to American labor!

Timothy McVeigh was raised as a Christian. so for those who are against this “Mosque” why are you not fighting just as hard to rid all Abrahamic religions from OKC? why have i never heard a call for this?

Signature 

Fear the government that fears your guns

Posted: 29 August 2010 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-02

Thanks, x.

I am weary of people spewing sound bytes.

Logic, reason and critical independent thinking are lost.  Much easier to get the news and form opinions from a biased, mercenary and cannibalistic media machine.

Posted: 29 August 2010 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-02

Oh. And for the record, I’m more of an activist than a politician.  But actually, not enough of either to make a real impact like some posters here.

Posted: 30 August 2010 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2010-03-26
Lee Platt - 29 August 2010 05:26 PM

I grew up in New York.

In NYC, There are delis taller than thirteen stories.

You will not be able to see this building “from” ground zero.

In fact, you can barely see ground zero from ground zero. 

And, there were reports of debris, both from the buildings and the planes, as far as 6 miles away.

Thanks for playing.

Okay, you grew up in New York, I grew up in Fla., just because you grew up in New York, doesn’t mean you know all there is to know about NYC, I don’t know everything about Miami.

I’ve never seen a deli in NYC 13 stories high, I’ve seen deli’s in NYC on the ground floors of many high rise bldg.’s in NYC.

How can you or anybody else here say “You will not be able to see this building from” ground zero”. It’s only 1000’ away “from” Ground Zero”, and if you think a 1000’ is far away, next time you drive down the highway mark the distance between telephone poles, they’re situated approx. 500’ apart, when you past 3 of them you’ve traveled approx. 1000’,  and I’ll bet you right now if you get on the roof of 45 Park Pl., you will be able to see a part of “Ground Zero”, Google map it and you tell me.

You state “You can barely see ground zero from ground zero”, this is the most ludicrous and ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard, that’s like saying you can barely see the Alamo from the Alamo, or you can barely see Pearl Harbor from Pearl Harbor, we were attacked on 9/11/2001 and I for one will never forget that as some here in the United States of America have, or as some others try to blame us for that terrorist attack.

Yeah your right debris (dust and dirt) from the Twin Towers crumbling was reported 6 or more miles away.

[ Edited: 30 August 2010 08:06 PM by Just a Citizen]

Posted: 30 August 2010 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-25

I havent been to the area of ‘ground zero- Ive been in the Bronx- just from that experience I can tell you that if you stand in the center of a block- you cant see either end of the block- space is relative to what is around it. NY is like being in the bottom of the middle of a canyon that is narrow- look up and all you see is tops of buildings and a bit of sky- look at your normal vision level and you see people and walls.

But that still makes no difference.

They have the right to build it under American Law- the Law we all swear to obey and protect.

Signature 

Posted: 30 August 2010 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-02

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

Posted: 30 August 2010 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  371
Joined  2008-01-08
Just a Citizen - 30 August 2010 08:04 PM

How can you or anybody else here say “You will not be able to see this building from” ground zero”. It’s only 1000’ away “from” Ground Zero”, and if you think a 1000’ is far away, next time you drive down the highway mark the distance between telephone poles, they’re situated approx. 500’ apart, when you past 3 of them you’ve traveled approx. 1000’,  and I’ll bet you right now if you get on the roof of 45 Park Pl., you will be able to see a part of “Ground Zero”, Google map it and you tell me.

but what you’re failing to see is that there are lots of other tall buildings in the way. *that’s* why you won’t be able to see the “Mosque” from ground zero.

geometry. you will likely need to draw on your geometry skills to understand this.

it really doesn’t sound as if you’ve ever been to NYC. there are areas where you can be two blocks’ distance from the Empire State Building and not see it, due to other tall buildings. if you’ve ever been lost on foot in NYC you’ll know how easy it is to lose track of visual cues of the skyline. but again, it doesn’t sound as if you’ve been there at all.

where in the world are you getting your information? even ground zero for this silly argument, Fox News, admits the “Mosque” won’t be visible from ground zero. i can’t imagine who would be capable of upping the kook factor and perpetuating nonsense like this.

Sharia Law scares me no more than people not being able to make a rational and informed decision.

Signature 

Fear the government that fears your guns

Posted: 31 August 2010 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2010-03-26
Lee Platt - 30 August 2010 08:22 PM

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

Typical politician, oops I mean “Activist”.

Posted: 02 October 2010 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2010-02-26

Wow!!!  What drivel.  It is truly saddening just how little national identity remains.  While I am confident, with the exception of Barbara, that many of you appear to be well educated and well read, I sadly discern a dearth of geo-political understanding of past and present world events.  That is unfortunate, but not surprising since most of you are probably products of the vulgar, bloated, inept, morally bankrupt public education system infecting this country.  I don’t blame you.  You have been fed increasingly political corrected versions of history since you learned to walk, and you probably haven’t served in the military or lived outside the continental United States. 

The Quran and Sharia Law should be considered an abomination to anyone who values the exercise of personal and political freedoms.  Folks try and gain a broader perspective.  Believe 5% of what you see, and 1% of what you hear.  While I won’t generalize that all muslims are frenzied terrorists, the one’s who are adherents to both the Quran and Sharia Law are sworn enemies to anyone who disagrees with them, even if we chose to capitulate.  People in most western countries have been taught that active and robust diversity of thought and practice is a good thing.  That central tenet of most practicing democratic western societies is not shared by individals or societies that have been or are being schooled in mosques around the globe or in muslim community centers as have been proposed in NYC.

Wake up and smell the stench.  Contrary to our once undeservedly esteemed CINC, this country is at war and will remain so until we get our collective do do together in the same sack, quit apologizing for who we are, and regain the knowledge, that even on our worst day, this country is light years ahead of anyplace else in the world.  And, if you wonder, my admonishments do not amount to the usual academic gymnastics you participated in during your college years, they arise out of direct, on-site real life experiences from back in the day when our current trajectory became apparent to me.  You had all better thank those who protect our collective interests.  They are keeping the Barbarians at the Gate.

Posted: 02 October 2010 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-25

“While I am confident, with the exception of Barbara, that many of you appear to be well educated and well read, I sadly discern a dearth of geo-political understanding of past and present world events. “

Im not sure- with the exception of Barbara means= Im not educated and well read? or the other….its okay, let me know.

Signature 

Posted: 18 November 2010 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  195
Joined  2009-01-07

Why is the left praising the outcome of the “Ahmed Ghailani” trial in NYC, to me, all this means is a terrorist got off, yeah he was found guilty of conspiracy and can get 25 to life, but it also means he may get out in 10 to 12 years (who knows, with this liberal judge, he may get time served taken off his sentence), to plot and kill more Americans.

Out of 285 indictments, he was only found guilty on one (1), come on people, what’s wrong with this country!!!!!!!

Posted: 04 December 2010 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2008-08-02

Americans are stupid that is the problem.

6 of 6