9 of 14
National Prayer Garden- Proposed for Welcome
Posted: 17 October 2011 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  366
Joined  2007-03-23

GREAT QUESTION!!!  Edak Eyo and Kayode Peter have faced foreclosure several times, and to my knowledge “Pastor” Peter doesn’t have a job and Edak lost his/her nursing license.  I wonder where the money for this home may have come from - “donors” or any one of those “interested parties”, who could have made tons of money from the resort, including Bill Murray, Jim Whitehead, Larry Abell, Patricia Faux, Paul and Angela Mederos or Kenneth Copeland Ministries???

There are many of us in Welcome and Nanjemoy who believe that NPG will return, and they’re just laying the groundwork, i.e. looking for more investors (maybe Disney??).  The land had not been sold & the fact that they still have a P.O. Box in Welcome is a clue that they will (not could) be back!!  Bet on it!

Posted: 21 October 2011 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-23

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/10/eddie-long-lawsuit.html

Sound familiar?????

Posted: 21 October 2011 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  522
Joined  2007-10-30

According to a 2005 Atlanta Journal-Constitution investigation, he established a charity that made $3.1 million in donations from 1997 to 2000. It also paid him more than $3 million in salary and benefits, including use of a Bentley and a $1.4-million, six-bedroom home.

Kayode Peter can only hope rolleyes

But wait….you, too, can be an ordained minister or preacher or reverend (you get to pick your title) http://www.wcm.org/bmpapplications.html
and live the life of luxury. 

Heh, cheryl, you don’t need no fancy title to preach how we all need to conserve and preserve our greatest county assest, our potable water supply grin

Posted: 22 October 2011 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-23

1 Timothy 6:10

“For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows”

NPG (and many of these types of organizations)-  DON’T PRACTICE WHAT THEY PREACH!!

Posted: 01 November 2011 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-23

I see on NPG’s Facebook page, ALL the comments and questions that I posted a few days ago have been deleted by NPG!!  I guess these questions and comments struck a nerve!!  I wonder if NPG’s attorney, Steve Scott, suggested they take this action???

Posted: 01 November 2011 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-30

I wonder if NPG’s attorney, Steve Scott, suggested they take this action???

They probably figure you for a troll and deleted your posts.  IF they really had a true cause, they would present a logical response.  But they don’t so they didn’t.

Posted: 02 November 2011 06:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-23

Since my full name accompanied my comments/questions, I doubt they thought I was a “troll”... they know damn well who I am!!  They deleted my comments because those comments got right to the heart of the matter - MONEY AND FRAUD!!

Posted: 02 November 2011 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-30

Using your full name gives them even more reason to delete your posts   wink

Posted: 02 November 2011 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-23

You’re right!!  But Roger’s comments at Guidestar say it all and NPG CANNOT delete them!!

NOTE TO NPG, STEVE SCOTT, BILL MURRAY, PAUL AND ANGELA MEDEROS, JIM WHITEHEAD, PATRICIA FAUX AND ALL THE OTHER SUPPORTERS OF THE NPG:  I WILL NOT REST UNTIL THIS ORGANIZATION IS NO LONGER AROUND!  SO GET USED TO IT, I’LL ALWAYS BE A THORN IN YOUR SIDE, AND A BURR UNDER YOUR BUTTS!!

Posted: 02 November 2011 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-23

The following are comments by Roger at Guidestar (I REALLY LIKE THIS GUY!)

The National Prayer Garden is nothing more than a BLOG and LEGALLY CANNOT solicit or accept ANY charitable donations via its BLOG!

The National Prayer Garden lists its “physical address” as Welcome MD - BUT the “prayer garden” organization does NOT OWN ANY PROPERTY IN WELCOME! 

It only has a P.O. Box—WHO is paying the P.O. BOX rental fee?

DON’T BE MISLED BY THOSE AT THE BLOG WHO MAY GIVE THE IMPRESSION THAT THERE ACTUALLY IS, OR WILL BE, A “PRAYER GARDEN”!

THERE IS NOTHING THERE - IT’S A PIECE OF LAND THAT WAS USED FOR GRAVEL EXTRACTION FOR OVER 20 YEARS!!

~~ WHY IS NPG STILL A TAX-EXEMPT 501(c)(3) with the IRS?

——Shouldn’t the IRS be informed that the NPG consists of nothing more than a BLOG???

~~Whatever happened with the $33,750.00 that was “donated” to the NPG, which NPG’s attorney, Steve Scott, is supposed to be holding for NPG??

~~ ~Were any “donations” used to help Edak Eyo and “Pastor” Kayode Peter purchase their $699K house at 6380 Mason Springs Road in Charles County, Maryland? (Maryland Tax Assessment)

~~~Is it possible these funds were provided by “corporate interests” such as:

- Construction Resolutions (owned by NPG’s Project Manager, Bill Murray)
- Cleaners of America (owned by NPG’s Elder Paul Mederos and Sister Angela Mederos)
- The Faux Group (owned by NPG’s Land Planner - Patricia Faux)
- Scott Law Group (owned by NPG’s attorney, Steve Scott)
- Jim Whitehead (NPG’s Civil Engineer) of ATCS PLC
- Kenneth Copeland Ministries

~~~ Is it possible that NIGERIAN interests/investors are involved??

~~~ IF NPG is still planning to construct its RESORT COMPLEX (under the guise of “religion” ) in the future, NPG would have:

- - to purchase the land (currently priced at OVER $1.5M),
—get the ZONING CHANGED from the current Agriculture zoning,
—request COUNTY & STATE PUBLIC HEARINGS,
—obtain the necessary permits from the STATE AND COUNTY,
—UPGRADE the State and County ROADS (MD Rt. 6 & Gunston Road) leading to the location,
—install a sewage treatment plant AND MAINTAIN IT to prevent sewage overflows, AND in the event of a sewage overflow, NPG would be held legally responsible for cleaning up the Nanjemoy Creek.

~~ NPG would ALSO be required to obtain a STATE PERMIT for WATER withdrawals, AND establish an “escrow” account to pay for new wells for residents with private wells in the area who may experience water supply difficulties/shortages because of the THOUSANDS OF GALLONS of groundwater the RESORT COMPLEX would withdraw DAILY for the hotel, lazy river and golf course!!

~~~WHERE WOULD NPG OBTAIN THE MONEY, NOT ONLY TO BUY THE LAND AND BUILD THE RESORT AND UPGRADE THE ROADS LEADING TO IT—BUT WHERE WOULD IT OBTAIN THE MONEY TO MAINTAIN THE FACILITY, INCLUDING THE SEWAGE TREATMENT PLANT?

~~~ Operating as a “religious” 501(c)(3) organization (which is HIGHLY questionable), does NOT EXEMPT IT FROM UPGRADING THE ROADS, OBTAINING THE NECESSARY STATE AND COUNTY PERMITS, OR FROM ADHERING TO STATE AND LOCAL ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS!!

Ask yourself, does this sound as though it would be an innocent “prayer garden” OR a resort complex that would financially benefit a few interested “investors”??

ISN’T IT INTERESTING THAT NO ONE FROM THE NATIONAL PRAYER GARDEN ORGANIZATION WILL ADDRESS/ANSWER ANY OF THE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS RAISED HERE?

DOES THE NPG ORGANIZATION HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE?

Posted: 04 November 2011 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-30

Roger at Guidestar (I REALLY LIKE THIS GUY!)

Roger that grin

Posted: 08 November 2011 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-23

Latest GUIDESTAR review of NPG:

Guidestar review:
NATIONAL PRAYER GARDEN INC
Physical Address:
Welcome, MD 20693
EIN:
39-2053785
Has not received the GuideStar Seal
Registered with the IRS
Impact Review from experts not available
Forms 990 from the IRS not reported
Mission Statement not available
Impact Statement not available
Annual Revenue & Expenses not reported

———————-

WHY IS IT ALLOWED TO KEEP ITS’  IRS TAX-EMEMPT STATUS WHEN IT ONLY EXISTS AS A BLOG?!!!  Maybe Steve Scott can answer this????

Posted: 08 November 2011 10:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2010-09-16

Cheryl:

Glad you are keeping this on the radar.  As to the IRS status, that’s a matter of public record.  Call Steve Scott and ask him.

Posted: 09 November 2011 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-23

I see at the National Prayer Garden’s “blog” there have NOT been any new posts for 3 weeks nor any new comments…. could this mean that Steve Scott has advised them to just back off because it may put their “tax-exempt” status in jeopardy???

Posted: 10 November 2011 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-30

Maybe the whole NPG scam is falling apart due to the economy.  I’m not seeing where any of the players are getting their money from and I don’t see any reason for the developer, builder, lawyer to subsidize them.  If they’ve been living on that $33,000 in donations, it might be all used up.  If their house is underwater and they’re paying a huge mortgage on a house that’s not worth it, they could walk away and let the house go into foreclosure.  I can see that happening.  What goes around, comes around.

9 of 14