1 of 6
National Prayer Garden- Proposed for Welcome
Posted: 10 March 2011 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  922
Joined  2009-03-25

Mentioning the prayer garden. I received the following links for the taped meeting for the prayer garden that was conducted in Welcome a bit ago. Because of the time and utube limitations it is in 5 segments.

Please go on and see what the controversy is about.
#1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgnDAxyXaBo
#2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stIBDC1C4a4&feature=related
#3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkGNNq3jrsQ&feature=related
#4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-QaFjTgKkk&feature=related
#5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irQObomL_qs&feature=related

Signature 

formerly known on the ‘Duck’ as spirit of the elder & BJGoodwin

Posted: 11 March 2011 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  371
Joined  2008-01-08

Wow, this guy was completely unprepared.

With respect to the taxpayer assistance questions in vid #5, doesn’t the fact that churches enjoy tax exempt status mean they already are getting taxpayer assistance?

Signature 

Fear the government that fears your guns

Posted: 11 March 2011 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  922
Joined  2009-03-25

I think so far they were collecting donations on their website- I think the Attorney General made them take that off. What is GOD now going to guide them to do?

I think one of the major concerns for the County is- pulling the economy away from current hotels and other places: present golf courses, restaurants and more…while the place would pay no taxes to the County and not generate any revenue - and drawing off our plans for tourism (I mean the plans look nice.Better than any other accommodation in the County. It doesn’t look like you have to be ‘religious’ type to enjoy- it seems aimed at those who want a peaceful environment and relax.

So for no other reason considered- OUR COUNTY NEEDS REVENUE- not it drawn away by a massive project with church status.

Signature 

formerly known on the ‘Duck’ as spirit of the elder & BJGoodwin

Posted: 11 March 2011 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  525
Joined  2007-10-30

OUR COUNTY NEEDS REVENUE- not it drawn away by a massive project with church status.

So, I painfully sat through all the videos, and this still reeks of a scam.  I could barely understand Mr Peter, and he had no answers.  “God” really needs to do a better job with the details IF he/she is to expect us mere mortals to understand why a 340 acre gravel pit should be turned into Xanadu rolleyes

Posted: 11 March 2011 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2008-02-06

I’m going to have to cry foul on the speculation re: the proposed helipad. I had two soccer players collide head first once during practice on the front field of Thomas Stone High School. They sent helicopters to fly both of them out. The proximity of the closest rescue squad or hospital wasn’t the determining factor in sending a helicopter. The nature of the potential injury was.

Honestly, I also find the idea that the helipad is going to be used to smuggle drugs or refugees into the place extremely farfetched. Helicopters can’t reach between Welcome and Nigeria, so it isn’t going to provide a direct transportation link between the two, and I don’t think a helicopter offers much in the way of lack of detection that other means of transportation do. Just because it’s over the top and grandiose doesn’t mean there’s top level, international smuggling operations going on. What I think it is is just one more extravagant bauble among many in this orgy of excess.

Posted: 11 March 2011 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2008-08-02

time to remove tax exempt status for ALL religions.

Posted: 13 March 2011 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  371
Joined  2008-01-08

Oh for goodness sake. Can’t we question this guy’s intentions and integrity without invoking Muslims, Allah, terrorists, 9/11, drug and human trafficking?

Let’s just end this here. In his native language, “Kayode Peter” translates to “Adolf Hitler”. He’s also a cross-dresser. He hasn’t denied it, so it must be true!!!

There.

Signature 

Fear the government that fears your guns

Posted: 13 March 2011 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-30

“GOD TOLD ME”

This is what Kayode Peter said was his reason for choosing Welcome for the “prayer garden” and this sentiment was echoed by Bill Murray.

Yeah, but on the video both of them had big grins on their faces and came across as trying to pull a fast one rather than someone who truely did have a vision.

Hey, Cheryl, according to the NPG website a fund-raising dinner is being planned in PG County for 9-11…you going?  LOL

Posted: 13 March 2011 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-06

“God told me” is also the same rationale that led Mother Teresa to spend her entire life serving the poor in India. Just as much good has been done in the world by those acting under God’s direction as bad. Bad just gets more press. It all depends on the point you’re trying to make as to which you choose as your analogy.

Posted: 13 March 2011 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-30

I’m not seein’ the relationship between Mother Teresa and Kayode Peter. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Teresa

For over 45 years she ministered to the poor, sick, orphaned, and dying, while guiding the Missionaries of Charity’s expansion,

at the time of her death it was operating 610 missions in 123 countries, including hospices and homes for people with HIV/AIDS, leprosy and tuberculosis, soup kitchens, children’s and family counselling programs, orphanages, and schools.

Posted: 14 March 2011 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-30

cheryl, real property search
http://tinyurl.com/4g3zlvf
shows the land purchased for $1,000,000 in 2007 by Constrander, LLC which is owned by a James C Hill of Calvert Lumber on Poorhouse Farm Drive, Port Tobacco.

It surrounds Cold Spring Lake subdivision and has access to both Gunston Rd and Rt 6 in Welcome.
It straddles Hill Top Fork and extends down to the marsh where Hill Top Fork joins Ward’s Run which is a part of Nanjemoy Creek.

Gotta’ love Google!  cool smile

Posted: 15 March 2011 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-06
seahorse - 13 March 2011 09:47 AM

I’m not seein’ the relationship between Mother Teresa and Kayode Peter. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Teresa

For over 45 years she ministered to the poor, sick, orphaned, and dying, while guiding the Missionaries of Charity’s expansion,

at the time of her death it was operating 610 missions in 123 countries, including hospices and homes for people with HIV/AIDS, leprosy and tuberculosis, soup kitchens, children’s and family counselling programs, orphanages, and schools.

I’m not trying to make a comparison between the two. Cheryl made a connection between the NPG and the 9/11 terrorists by pointing out they were both doing what “God told them to do,” implying that much evil or wrongdoing is often attributed to God’s will. I thought it was a little unfair in its one-sidedness and wanted to point out that an awful lot of good has been done for the same reason.

Posted: 05 April 2011 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-30

Maybe we can all do something like this – Just say that our “goal” is to do something with some land, set up a 501(c)(3) and website, and go into “business” raising “funds”!!

Or start your own religion.  Let’s see, something like The Welcome Temple of Latis (Latis—celtic goddess of water and BEER). 

If you choose Latis you could start your own microbrewery on the land, set up a beer tasting room and have little cabins for those who need to sleep it off or who might want to partake in roaming the heavenly-scented acres of hops growing in the sunshine.  Small boats could be rented for paddling or fishing on Nanjemoy Creek and a heliocopter landing pad could be installed for transporting that special brewski and VIPs who will come from all over the world to feel at peace in the “lush” gardens of the Latis Welcome Temple. 

Please send all donations to cheryl, welcome, maryland.  No donation too small.  tongue wink

Posted: 01 June 2011 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2010-09-16

Cheryl:
Glad you’re keeping this on the radar.

Posted: 01 June 2011 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-30

a “veiled threat” may have been issued.

Or not so veiled.  Calling folks “racist rednecks” because they don’t want a NPG in their backyard sounds like the only racist is the person who wrote that post.  Is this really how a supposedly “Man of God who has a Vision” acts?  The person who wrote that post did Kayode and the NPG no favors.

Posted: 05 June 2011 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-30

Sounds to me like Peter Kayode elevated the basic Nigerian email scam and suited it to his purposes:

After i received instruction from God to use this funds to do His work, i prayed to God for direction and he has been directing me. I told God that i want a ministry, an honest man who will spend the fund for things that will glorify His name. I came across your address in the internet as i was browsing through a Christian site, i took interest in your ministry, i fasted and prayed Over it and the spirit of God directed me to sow in your ministry.

This revelation came after my conversion from a Muslim to a christian. I received Christ and i found out that a sinner has no place in the kingdom of God. I never had rest of mind, i seeked God for forgiveness and he revealed to me that i will only have rest of mind if i serve him with all i have and he will bless be mightily is hence received Christ that i realized the meaning of going to heaven. I need to make heaven, i don’t want to perish in hell fire. As my level of Christianity was increasing, i understood that the wealth of sinners are acquired for the just. God opened my eyes to the book of Ecclesiastes 6,verses 1 & 2. Read this scripture and you will understand that there are people in this world that God gave the grace to acquire wealth yet God did not give them the grace to enjoy the wealth. I happened to fall into the same category now it is the wish of God.

When God revealed to me to use my wealth to do His work, i understood that God was testing me like he tested Abraham and other men of God. Abraham needed children and God asked him to use his only son for sacrifice, Abraham was faithful. he obeyed and God made him father of many nations.

I have decided to sow 70% out of the total sum into your ministry, the Remaining 30% i will invest into any Christian related business in your country.

ONLY unlike the above scam email, Peter has no money to invest in the NPG.  He’s looking to have his bill footed by the taxpayers of CC and those who fall for his line of BS.

1 of 6