1 of 2
The other day…
Posted: 12 October 2012 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2010-03-26

The other day I was shopping at the Safeway on High St. in Waldorf (Smallwood Shopping Ctr.) and as I was putting my groceries in my car, I overheard several individuals sitting on the grass sipping what I think was beer from paper bags talking, when one said “If Obama loses the election, there‚Äôs going to be riots in the streets”.

I didn’t think much of this as I drove away, then I read this online;

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/will-the-election-results-cause-massive-riots-to-erupt-all-over-america

Posted: 12 October 2012 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  366
Joined  2007-03-23

So much for the civility the Obama Administration espouses….

Posted: 12 October 2012 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  371
Joined  2008-01-08

Give me a break. If people didn’t take to the streets when two elections in a row were stolen in plain sight… If people didn’t take to the streets when two administrations now have committed war crimes… Then surely this won’t rip people away from their mindless teevee shows to take to the streets.

We have it too good.

Furthermore, twitter postings now count as primary sources for news stories? Come on now.

Signature 

Fear the government that fears your guns

Posted: 12 October 2012 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-23

I wouldn’t dismiss what these two guys said.  We don’t know what may be in the works.  We should expect the unexpected…

Posted: 12 October 2012 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  922
Joined  2009-03-25

AGENDA 21- BOO!

Signature 

formerly known on the ‘Duck’ as spirit of the elder & BJGoodwin

Posted: 12 October 2012 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-08

Yeah, well there’s someone always threatening to riot over something. Or there’s someone threatening that some group of people will riot over X or Y event happening.

Does it happen? Sure. But it’s usually much smaller than predicted, but seems much bigger because the media is there to cover it. I worry about the government taking these threats seriously and using it to advance the police state and declare martial law around the elections. That’s what scares me. I’ll probably never see any riots, as they’ll probably stay localized.

In any case I ain’t skeered. Besides, the Occupy movement showed us that law enforcement has enough brawn to quell anything right smart quick so it doesn’t encroach on anyone’s precious South 40.

Signature 

Posted: 12 October 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-23

There’s nothing wrong with being prepared….I always say -“hope for the best but prepare for the worst”...

Posted: 12 October 2012 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2009-06-02

Chicken little.

Posted: 13 October 2012 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-23

Better.to be prepared than not…. (and that goes for anything in life).  Always expect the unexpected too.

Posted: 13 October 2012 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-08

Anything to keep us ignorant to the fact that people are pissed off. If we don’t see it, it’s not real.

I recommend martial law, complete with curfews be enacted immediately. Anyone seen outside after dark will be assumed to be planning a riot and will be shot on sight. Only government-approved news sources will be read, else you will be taken in for questioning and de-briefing.

Signature 

Posted: 13 October 2012 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-25

I think we all could be terrorists when something happens in our town and we should all be bombed out of existence.

You know one person is arsoning in Indian Head- better put up a perimeter and shoot all on site.

Signature 

Posted: 13 October 2012 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-08
Barbara - 13 October 2012 11:21 AM

I think we all could be terrorists when something happens in our town and we should all be bombed out of existence.

As I like to say. Because we have a fascination with maximum punishment and electing politicians who are “hard on crime”, it’s no surprise that just about anything that deviates from the “norm” is yet another crime for the police state to be hard on.

Signature 

Posted: 13 October 2012 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2012-07-06

Did you guys proof read your comments?

Posted: 13 October 2012 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-25

I guess I left out a couple words- I guess we all could be considered terrorists (by those who believe in bombing other Countries when a single person acts) if something happens in our towns by a single person- an analogy (or tried)

Signature 

Posted: 13 October 2012 11:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2012-07-06

Barb, trust me it wasn’t aimed at you.

Posted: 13 October 2012 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  98
Joined  2009-07-09

I guess I’m younger than most of you. I don’t know which two elections in a row that xcitor’s talking about being stolen. Could anyone enlighten me? I was thinking maybe the Al Franken thing, but that was only one and I don’t see where it has all that much influence on “us” here. Thanks mucho.

1 of 2